Thursday, September 27, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving Card

We've already had a couple of days that had a hint of fall in the air and I'm so excited about the eminent arrival of fall.  It is my absolutely, hands down favorite time of the year.  Not too hot, not too cold, just perfect and I love it!

I also love the fall colors and CTMH has so many beautiful colors to help me celebrate my love of this time of year in both my scrapbooking and my card making.  Today, I'm sharing a card I made to give to my Grandmother for Thanksgiving.  I love it and I'm sure she will, too.


I cut two rectangles measuring 2 3/4 by 4 1/4 inches, one from Olive cardstock and one from Autumn Terracotta cardstock.  I used my Cuttlebug to emboss the Olive cardstock with the "Script" embossing folder and used Slate and a sponge dauber to ink the edges of these two pieces.  I then adhered them  to my card base.

I used a scrap piece of Colonial White cardstock and cut it to 2 by 3 1/4 inches and then inked the edges of it using Slate again.  I also used a small scrap of Daisy White cardstock and stamped the pumpkin from So Grateful stamp set using Goldrush and then cut it out.  I used Desert Sand to stamp the Script overlay, Olive for the leaf and Chocolate for the stem.  I cut the leaf and stem out and glued them onto my pumpkin and then glued the pumpkin to my Colonial White card stock rectangle.  I then used the 3-D Foam Tape to attach it to my card base and the final touch was to stamp "happy Thanksgiving" using Chocolate . For the word "happy" I used a mask so that only the word happy would be stamped onto my card and used the "so happy together" sentiment from the Avonlea WOTG Scrapbooking Kit stamp set.  The word "Thanksgiving" was from the So Grateful stamp set. 

No comments:

Post a Comment