Sunday, September 23, 2012

Avonlea Card #1

After making both Avonlea WOTG scrapbook page layouts, the bonus project and an additional scrapbook page layout, I still had an amazing amount of supplies left over.  So it was time to play a bit and see what additional fun projects I could make from the remaining supplies.

I decided to make a few cards, which are always useful to have on hand when needed.  I tried to keep them simple and quick.  I'll share them over the next few days.


This is the first card I made.  It is so simple, but I just love it.  I cut the teal patterned paper at 5 1/2 by 4 1/2 inches and inked the edges using Slate Ink and then adhered it to my Card Base.  I cut the other piece of patterned paper at 4 1/4 by 3 inches and also inked the edges using Slate Ink and centered it on the teal paper.  I then stamped the "Thanks" sentiment from Casual Expressions Stamp Set, and cut it out.  Of course, this could have been cut first using the Cricut Artiste Cartridge and then stamped, but I wanted to show that this stamp set still works for those who do not own the Artiste Cartridge.  I them adhered it to my card using 3-D Foam Tape for added dimension and interest.  It came together very quickly and it is ready for the next time I need a Thank-You card! 

No comments:

Post a Comment