Thursday, September 6, 2012

Photo Box

My scrapbooking process goes something like this:
  • Decide on events I want to scrapbook
  • Select pictures
  • Based on number of pictures, sketch a rough layout
  • Edit and Print Pictures
  • Scrapbook the page
I usually plan between 10 and 20 layouts and print pictures for all of them.  So I need a place to keep these pictures organized and protected from damage.  The My Creations Recipe/Photo Box is a perfect place to store my printed pictures until I get around to scrapbooking them. I followed the instructions for the Avonlea Bonus Project, but I incorporated a couple of minor design changes - the most notable is my choice of patterned paper for the front, sides and back of my box.  I love how it turned out!

For the word FAMILY on top of my box, I used the Color-Ready Canvas Alphabet and colored it with CTMH Slate Exclusive Ink Pad. 
I opted not to stamp on my lid, but I did apply a Parlor Velvet Rub-On which added a degree of sophistication to the project.

I stamped an image using My Acrylix Perfect Fit - Frames Stamp Set Perfect Fit Frames and the Slate Ink and added the sentiment "happy" from the Avonlea WOTG Scrapbooking Kit  stamp set.  I used the 3-D Foam Tape to pop it off the box for added emphasis.


This is a view of the back of my photo box.  It's so pretty, even from the back!








No comments:

Post a Comment