Saturday, September 15, 2012

Avonlea WOTG Scrapbooking Kit Layout

I really loved this layout and wanted to follow the design as presented in the instructional guide - minimizing the modifications.  However, my pictures didn't lend themselves to square cropping, so I replaced the small 2x2 pictures with two 3x4 portraits on the left hand page and four 2x3 landscape images on the right hand page.  This replacement consumed the equivalent of a 4x6 image on each page which left me with less "white" space on the lower half of each page.  So I ended up adjusting the size of my title, accordingly.

I also don't have the ability to print on a 12x12 page, so I used a 4x6 journalling box because I had quite a bit of journalling.  I inked the edges of this box and was pleased with the results.

This was my first experience using Parlor Velvet Rub-Ons...and I was impressed.  They were just as easy to use as a regular rub-on but the velvet added nice texture and sophistication to my layout. I also loved the detail that inking the edges added and I also thought it was a fun technique to incorporate.

Since I don't have an Alphabet stamp set that is large enough to be used for my title I used my Cuttlebug and an alphabet die cut set that I have had for many years to cut my title from two of the Avonlea papers.  This was my very first layout made with a WOTG kit and I not only loved the results, I loved the process.

Left side page

Right side page

No comments:

Post a Comment