Thursday, September 27, 2012

Avonlea Card #3

Today I'm showing a slightly different card.  It was made using the Avonlea Green card stock which I cut to 5 1/2 x 4 1/2 inches.  I used a technique that was beautifully described by a fellow blogger and can be viewed at Tresa Black's Fabulously Artsy Blog.  It involved dry embossing a faux stitch line and then sanding the raised image to reveal the white core of the card stock.  Once this is completed, you use the ruler and the paper piercing tool to punch holes along the white line.  The result is what looks like stitching, but is much faster and, in my opinion, more fun!



I then used the August SOTM to stamp an image using Olive ink.  The tone and tone color is quite beautiful and of course, I inked the edges of my card stock with the same Olive ink because, quite frankly, I just can't help myself :-) - I LOVE inking the edges of everything!

I wanted the card to be versatile, so I stamped two additional sentiments. I am keeping all three sentiments with the card and when I am ready to use it, I'll just pick the one that suits the occasion and will adhere it with the 3-D Foam tape.  Below are pictures of the two additional sentiments that I stamped using Olive ink and the Casual Expressions Stamp Set.


No comments:

Post a Comment