Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Family Ties Scrapbook Page

As a new CTMH consultant, I received the Avonlea WOTG Scrapbooking Kit, the My Creations Recipe/Photo Box , the Avonlea Complements Canvas Shapes, and the Color-Ready Canvas Alphabet.  So far I have completed both of the WOTG scrapbook layouts and the Photo Box.  I was pleasantly surprised at the amount of supplies I had remaining!  I have used the supplies to make another layout and 3 cards (which I will share later).  I still have plenty of supplies remaining to make additional cards and, if time permits, I will make a few more.

This layout did require two additional sheets of cardstock which weren't included in the WOTG kit and I chose Desert Sand for my page base and inked the edges in Chocolate.  My pictures are standard 4x6 prints, but, to keep things interesting I cropped one to 4x4.  I used three 4x4 squares of the Avonlea paper and inked the edges because I just love the effect.

I also used several pieces from the Avonlea Complements Canvas Shapes.  These canvas shapes were a bit challenging to remove from their carrier sheets.  They wanted to separate and I finally worked out a way to remove them that minimized, but didn't fully eliminate, the problem.  I laid the carrier sheet on my flat work surface and gently scooped my Cricut spatula under an edge of the item I wanted to remove.  I had to be careful, because it wanted to stick to my spatula, so I only used it to start the removal process. I then carefully and slowly pulled the item from the sheet.  There was certainly a learning curve associated with this process - so just be prepared to need some glue to adhere the canvas shape to your layout, because if you are like me, you will loose the adhesive backing of some of the shapes when removing them from the carrier sheet.  But not to worry, they glued wonderfully to my page and no one would ever know they were missing the adhesive layer.

Left side page


Right side page

No comments:

Post a Comment