Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Fun Tag Bookmark

This one was just for fun...a simple but very pretty bookmark.



I started by cutting a tag from Indian Corn card stock using the Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge (the shift Tag Function of Key #4- the one with the dragonfly.) I did use my Gypsy to keep the dragon fly from cutting out because I wanted a solid tag.  This step could be accomplished using the online software accessible in the Cricut Craft Room.

I used the faux stitching technique that I described in my Avonlea Card #3 post to "stitch" a sixth of an inch inside the edge of the tag.  I then stamped the butterfly image and the flower image from Card Word Puzzle Stamp Set using StazOn Black Ink.  I cleaned the stamps and then used the Versa Mark stamp pad to stamp over the original image.  I then sprinkled it with Clear Embossing Powder, shook off the excess and set it with a craft heater.  I free handed the dashed line using an acid free black fine point pen.  I then curved the word "beautiful" from Card Word Puzzle stamp set along the dashed line and stamped it.  The final step was to add fiber to the tag, which was just some yarn left over from a knitting project.  Simple, fun and practical....what more could you ask for in a project?

No comments:

Post a Comment