Monday, October 8, 2012

Eek! Layout

This was such a fun layout.  And, yes, I'm working on pictures from almost 2 years ago...I'm just shy of 2 years behind on my scrapbooking!  However, I don't let being behind keep me from enjoying the process.   Scrapbooking is fun and I enjoy it without stressing about being behind.  However, I do try and keep my journalling up-to-date, otherwise, I risk forgeting many of the details.



I started with a sheet of Slate card stock for my base and then cut the banner image (Key #47 Shift F1 on the Cricut Artiste Cartridge) at a height of 11 inches and a width of 4.5 inches.  I used my Gypsy to unlink the height and width and I'm sure this same effect can be achieved using the design software in the Cricut Craft Room.  For this cut I used one of the pattern papers from the Moonlight Paper Pack.

I then cut "Eek!" (Key #47 on Cricut Artiste) from Slate card stock at a width of 3.75 inches, but I was not happy with the level of contrast that the slate had on the pattern paper.  So, I cut it again using Autumn Terracotta card stock and layered the two cuts, putting the slate on the bottom, to give added dimension and then adhered it to the Moonlight banner along with the 2 pictures.

I cut the Tag (Key #35 F3 on Cricut Art Philosophy) at a height of 2.75 inches from Autumn Terracotta card stock and then printed my journalling directly onto it.  I used the Olive Exclusive Ink and a sponge dauber to color a 10 inch strip of Color Ready Seam Binding.  I then threaded it through my journalling box and attached it to my layout, along with the three additional pictures.

I stamped the pumpkin base from the So Grateful stamp set on a scrap of Colonial White card stock using Goldrush Exclusive Ink and cut it out.  I cut the Jack-o-lantern face (Key #47 F3 on Cricut Artiste Cartridge) at 1.5 inches high from Slate card stock and glued it to my pumpkin.  I used Olive Exclusive Ink to stamp my leaf and Chocolate Exclusive Ink to stamp my stem, cut both of them out and glued them to my pumpkin.  I then glued my assembled pumpkin to my layout and finished this page my stamping the vine swirl directly onto the slate cardstock using Chocolate Exclusive Ink. 

No comments:

Post a Comment