Monday, February 23, 2015

Teamwork Layout

My scrapbooking style has always been to focus on the pictures and to view the embellishments as the fun/fluff that helps feed my creative appetite.  Another constant concern for me is time.  While each page captures an event/topic that is important to me, I do prioritize what layouts I want to spend more time and energy on.  Since I am three years behind on my scrapbooking, I find myself more and more frequently choosing a simple layout and the layouts that I will share in the near future will all be quick and simple layouts.  

A recurring theme for me is to have too many pictures and I want to include them all.  This leaves little space for embellishments, but overall I am happy because I can put all of my pictures on the page. 

Today's layout includes space for 8 pictures and a generous area for journalling.  Here is the 12x12 layout...




For my foundation, I used a sheet from the Basic Paper Fundamentals Paper Pack.   I did have difficulty capturing it in my photographs, so I have included a close up pictures that shows the beauty that this papers adds to this layout...



Since there was very little space for embellishments, I wanted my title to do double duty and act as a decorative element.  I cut it from Pear cardstock and used snippets of 3D foam tape to pop it off of the page.  It is a simple way to add a bit of interest to the layout.  


The supplies that I used on this layout are:
  • Paper Fundamentals, Basic Assortment
  • Pear Card Stock
  • Artbooking Cricut Cartridge, pg 83.  Note, I used my Gypsy to cut the title and it was cut at 10 inches, resulting in a title that was approximately1.5 inches tall.
  • 3D Foam Tape

No comments:

Post a Comment