Saturday, October 11, 2014

Oh, Baby!

I haven't needed many baby cards in recent months.  So today, when my daughter said she needed a card for her baby shower gift, I quickly volunteered to help her out.  It meant I finally would get to play with a "new to me" stamp set, Wild Wonders.  Since the baby is a boy, I decided to keep it really traditional and go with a blue theme.  Also, I am in love with both Pacifica and Lagoon, so I am always looking for ways to use them.

I know I have posted this before, but I have a small collection of envelopes that will fit 4x8 inch cards and it goes against my nature to not make use of them...I am a bit practical that way.  Hence, I have been creating quite a few 4x8 inch cards.  Here it today's creation:



I was a bit rushed so I only had time to stamp a quick sentiment inside.  I could have easily added a bit more embellishment inside, but given my time constraints, it was not meant to be.


Now one final picture of a close up on the embossed Pacifica cardstock and the Lagoon Artbooking cut.  I love the distressed look that results when embossing is done against the grain of the cardstock.  I must admit, I am often in too big of a hurry to determine the grain of my cardstock, so unless my project needs to be a specific way, I usually just let myself be surprised by the outcome :-) 


Here are the details of this card:
Thanks for stopping by and Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment