Saturday, October 18, 2014

Masculine Thank You Card

I am excited about the project I am sharing today...it is a masculine thank you card and that makes me happy because making masculine things doesn't come easy for me :-)  I am girly from head to toe and my crafting tends to take on a feminine flair with no effort at all on my part.  So when my daughter asked me to make a thank you card that she and her classmates could give to a male professor, my instinct was to panic a bit.  However, since it was my daughter making the request, I had to accept her challenge.  Here is the result of stepping outside my comfort zone...


Until I manage to improve my photography skills, you must trust me that my photograph doesn't do this card justice.  While I am disappointed with my photography skills, I am very pleased with how this card turned out.

The card measure 5x7 inches and the card front is cut from the Basics Assortment of the Paper Fundamentals.  I adhered a loosely knotted strip of Outdoor Denim Chevron Ribbon  to a 2 x 5 inch piece of Outdoor Denim cardstock before adhering about one and a half inches from the bottom edge of the card front.  I cut a 2 inch Hexagon, shown on page 66 of the Artbooking Cricut Cartridge from Slate Cardstock and 2 3/16 inch Hexagon from Outdoor Denim Cardstock.  I stamped the "Thanks so Much" sentiment from the You Mean the World to Me Stamp Set using Outdoor Denim Exclusive Ink onto the Slate Hexagon shape and then adhered it to the Outdoor Denim Hexagon shape using 3-D Foam Tape and then adhered it to the card front as shown.

To add a bit of color to the inside of the card, I added a thin sliver of slate and a thin sliver of outdoor denim cardstock....


I will end today's post with a couple of close ups of the details...


P.S.  Remember that you can receive a roll of either Outdoor Denim or Ruby Chevron Ribbon during the month of October with a $50 purchase.  To see details about this special offer, click HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment