Sunday, August 24, 2014

Brushed "Get Well" Card

I am certainly enjoying the Brushed Paper Packet. Hues of greens and pinks just speak to me - I can't really explain it, but I do love those colors.  They  make me happy.  So it is no surprise that I turned to this paper packet when I sat down to make a get well card for my mother, who recenter underwent surgery.  However, I was quite surprised when I examined my inventory of stamps and realized that  I don't actually own one that has a "Get Well Soon" sentiment.  However, I did manage to convey an appropriate, and arguably an improved, sentiment.  Here is the result...


 This is a close up...


And a final one to get a peek inside....

This is a list of the items I used to complete this card:
One fun tidbit that I'd like to share...I colored my twill ribbon with the ShinHan marker.  The result was quite remarkable.  It was evenly colored (no splotches) and it dried amazingly fast.  The only thing I'd possibly do differently next time is wear gloves.  Although, when I am just spending the day crafting, I don't really mind pink fingertips :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment