Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Ivy Lane Display Tray - Post 3 of 3 Post Series

Today, I will wrap up my series on my Ivy Lane Display Tray by showing the final three design elements that I used on the tray.  On the first one I stamped the sentiment and two flourishes from The Best Things, C1503, stamp set using Colonial White Exclusive Ink onto Hollyhock cardstock and then I sprinkled the still wet ink with Embossing Powder (a retired product) and heated it with a craft heater until the powder melted.  Once it cooled down I added Opaque Adhesive Pearls (also a retired product.)  The result is a very rich, shiny image that really stands out on the paper.



The second design image is stamped using the Home Sweet Home stamp set, which was previously available as a Stamp of the Month.  I embossed it following the steps described above and added a couple of Opaque Pearls.  I added a row of the Colonial White Rosette Ribbon and embellished each rosette with an Opaque Pearl.  

The final design element in my Display Tray used the faux chipboard technique again.   I used my Gypsy to weld the letters/numbers together, but this can be accomplished using the Cricut Design Studio.  I also added a bow that I made with off white tulle and put a colonial white rosette on top. 

No comments:

Post a Comment