Sunday, October 13, 2013

Hexagon Card

I have had several products in my possession for several months now but have simply not had time to use them.  So I challenged myself to incorporate all three of these items into one quick project and I decided to make a card!

Sweet As Honey Card


My challenge was to use My Acrylix Stamp Set Honeycomb, C1537Hexagon Irresistibles, Z1858 and the amazing CTMH Artbooking Cricut Cartridge, Z1906

I cut the border on page 66 of the Artbooking Handbook. Using the Gypsy, is the equivalent of cutting without the real dial size on, so the height of my image ended being a staggering 22 inches...but do not fear, the resulting cut was no where near 22 inches, although it did extend past the 12 x 12 inch Cricut mat.  I cut this border using Pear cardstock.

I trimmed off the hexagon that would have been where my sentiment is and then placed the border over my card base (5.5 inches by 4.25 inches) so that the left upper corner of the hexagon at the top of the border aligned with the upper left corner of my card.  I glued the border down and then trimmed off any part that extended past my card base.

I then stamped my sentiment using Pear Exclusive Ink (Z2197) Stamp Pad.  I used the linen looking hexagon stamp and stamped inside all of my hexagons using the Pear Exclusive Ink.

I used Lagoon Exclusive Ink (Z2195) Stamp Pad, first generation stamping, and the remaining patterned hexagon stamps to stamp in seven of the hexagons, which left two hexagon spots what contained only the pear linen stampings.

I also used the bee and the dashed flight pattern to stamp using Pear Ink.  I was able to bend the  dashed flight pattern into a curve to get a better fit for the area that I had to work with on my card.

I used Pear Ink and a sponge dauber to color one of the Hexagon Irresistibles and Lagoon Ink and a sponge dauber to the other Hexagon Irresistibles.  I then secured them both in the remaining hexagon spots on the card using Glue Dots.

I stamped my sentiment which used two stamp sets... Honeycomb and Card Word Puzzle,  C1494.

I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment