Saturday, August 17, 2013

Chantilly Prom Layout

There is so much I love about the Chantilly paper pack...and when I sat down to do a layout for my daughter's Junior Prom, the was the paper that called my name :-)  I am so happy that Chantilly is still available in the new Autumn/Winter Idea Book, along with the Chantilly Assortment and Dimensional Elements.

First things first, the left hand page...

Junior Prom, Left Hand Page
This page includes the equivalent of two 5x7 pictures, but the one of the left is actually a mini-book.  I'll post details about this mini-book in a later post.  The flowers across the bottom of my page were inspired by the flowers that graced the cover of our Spring/Summer 2013 Idea Book.  I used  Buttercup, Cotton Candy and Pear Ink to stamp the flowers and swirls from several stamp sets:  D1498 (from the Art Philosophy stamp set); D1482 Love Life; and C1503 The Best Things.  The title was stamped in Pear Ink using E1019 Bohemian Alphabet Stamp Set, which is retiring and once the stock is depleted, will no longer be available.  As a finishing touch, I added a multitude of pearl embellishments that I have had in my stash for many years.


Junior Prom, Right Hand Page
The right hand page was a very simple layout that featured the Pear cardstock and Pear Ink and a couple of stamped images from The Best Things stamp set.  Again, a few pearls scattered on this page, finished the layout.

Look for my companion post  (it will be posted in a day or two) that will give you additional details on the mini-book :-)

Also a reminder, the August Stamp of the Month, A Chocolate Affair, is available for FREE with a $50 purchase.  This stamp will make a fun, light-hearted addition to your stamp collection.


No comments:

Post a Comment