Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Buzz and Bumble WOTG

I recently hosted a Buzz and Bumble Workshop on the Go.  This WOTG is one of my favorites...the pattern paper is so beautiful and the detail on the stamp set is simply amazing.  The finished layouts are very impressive - and I must say, the pictures simply do not do these layouts justice.  I am sad to say that this WOTG will retire at the end of this month, so if you are interested in adding it to your collection, please do so before midnight on 31 August 2013.

When I completed my layouts, I tweaked them just a bit to accommodate my pictures, but I maintained most of the original design and I was so pleased with the results  I am sharing the primary layout today and will post the second layout in the near future.

On the Left Page, I strayed from the original design by altering the size of my focal photo, and chose to use some of the space allocated for a 5x7 photo for my journalling.  I also utilized the space behind the 9"x6" Cocoa colored B&T patterned paper to create a hidden pocket in which I tucked away a copy of the program for my daughter's Junior Piano Recital (the two protruding pieces of hemp are the pulls to retrieve the program.)

Left Hand Page of Recital 2 page layout
On the right hand page, I needed to accommodate 6 landscape photos.  This modification was very easy and the only adjustment to the original design was that I moved the placement of the stamped sentiment "Wonderful, Beautiful Day" and I decided to use the entire sentiment, not just a portion of it, as was done in the original layout. 

Right Hand page of Recital 2 page layout

It is useful to note that this WOTG utilized two wonderful techniques...Masking (note the use of Sunset ink for the word "Beautiful" and the use of Cocoa ink for the remainder of the stamped sentiment) and the use of Blending Pens (notice the color of the word "Seeds" on the stamped image of the seed packet.)  Blending Pens were used to sprinkle additional pops of color throughout the layout, and this technique offers a quick and inexpensive way to add color exactly where you want it.  Both of these techniques are very easy and fun and the results look quite impressive.

Be sure to look for the second layout created using this WOTG in the coming days :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment