Saturday, February 22, 2014

Skylark WOTG - Timeless Beauty

When I sat down to make the second layout in the Skylark WOTG, I knew that I wanted to scrapbook pictures from my daughter's birthday.  However, I knew that the pictures featured their fair share of pink and pink was nowhere to be found in the Skylark papers.  I also knew that it would accommodate pink quite well, so my solution was to randomly stamp the dragonfly image using Cotton Candy Ink onto the B&T paper and use some Cotton Candy cardstock.  I was very pleased with the results.


Left-hand page of the 2-page layout









Right-hand page of the 2-page layout
I did change some of the photo sizes and I needed a larger portion of my layout to hold my journaling.  Overall, I mostly followed the WOTG instructions, but tweaked things here and there to suit my pictures and my taste.  Here are some close up photos of some details on each of the layouts...
The title

Design cluster, includes a couple of the shapes from the Skylark Assortment.

Design cluster...a cutout stamped image of the dragonfly, a couple pieces from the Skylark Assortment, and some of the Slate Striped Twist Ties that I colored using Cotton Candy Exclusive Inks

A beautiful bird from the Skylark Assortment.

No comments:

Post a Comment