Thursday, February 20, 2014

Skylark WOTG Primary Layout



Well, I just can't say it enough - I love this paper pack!  It is just so beautiful and the Skylark WOTG was so much fun to work with.  Of course, I almost always tweak the layout to make it my own, but that is one of the things that make the WOTG so great.  The basics are done, you just follow the instructions and go off-road when the mood suits you. 

Left-hand page of 2 page layout
Right-hand page of 2 page layout


I won't go into detail to describe all of the elements that follow the WOTG instructions, but I will describe a couple of the changes that I implemented.  First of all, I felt that the "Live in the Moment" title was better suited to this particular subject matter - my daughter's piano recital.  But, given the size of this stamp, it fit more readily on the right hand page.  So that is why I ended up replacing the title on the left page with an additional picture.  This was a simple alteration that didn't change the overall feel of the layout, but did work better with the photos that I had and the title that I wanted.

Another change that I incorporated was the journaling box.  While I did like the one on the original layout, I wanted more color on my page and I liked the idea of using a tag.  I decided on the tag from page 50 of the CTMH Artbooking Cricut cartridge, which I cut at 4 inches.  I then used MS Word to print my journaling, embellished it with a small segment of the twist tie and then adhered it to my page.

I decided to include a close up of the design detail that showcases a flower from the Skylark Assortment and a couple of the Slate Striped Twist Ties.  The flower is an adhesive backed resin piece that adds texture, depth and beauty to the layout.  Such a simple, but powerful detail that I felt it deserved a moment in the spotlight...

Design Detail

No comments:

Post a Comment