Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Spin Cards - My Take

The new CTMH Spin Cards are a lot of fun to make and they offer the crafter a fresh, new, fun pallet upon which to be creative.  I recently hosted a card workshop and these are the cards that I came up with for my ladies to make...

Front of Card 1
Inside of Card 1







Inside of Card 2
Front of Card 2



















 
Front of Card 3
Inside of Card 3



















To make this set of cards, I used the Chantilly paper pack because it still remains one of my absolute favorite paper packs!  After making a set of 10 cards, there was still plenty of paper left over to use for other projects, so I'm sure you will see Chantilly used in future posts!

I used the following supplies:
White Daisy Spin Cards and Envelopes, z1866
Chantilly Paper Pack, x7162b
CTMH Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge, x1686
Color Ready Seam Binding, z1732
Sparkles Clear Assortment, z1752,
Cotton Candy Re-Inker, z2293
Buttercup Re-Inker, z2210
Twilight Re-Inker, z2260

The solid color card stock pieces were all cut from cardstock included in this paper pack:   Cotton Candy (Card 1), Buttercup (Card 2), and Twilight (Card 3). For each card I cut:
  • three circles (pg 21 of the Art Philosophy handbook)
  • one shaped base (page 53 of the Art Philosophy handbook) (used on the inside of the card)
  • one 5x2 inch rectangle.
I used my Gypsy to cut the B&T pattern paper squares at 5x5 inch and at the same time I cut the inner square.  The inner square was centered on the shaped square cardstock base and adhered to the back of the card, taking care to align the B&T square with the window in the card front. 

Card 1 was stamped using Cotton Candy Exclusive Ink and
Card 2 was stamped using Buttercup Exclusive Ink and
 Card 3 was stamped using White Daisy Exclusive Ink and  
  • A True Thank You, M1029
  • You Only Live Once, B1434 (Only available as a Hostess Reward)
  • Love/Joy/Hope/Fun, D1498 (One of 2 Stamp Sets bundled with Art Philosophy)

I also dyed a 10 inch segment of Color Ready Seam Binding, z1732, for each card using the corresponding color of Re-Inker.  I also used three 4 mm Clear Sparkles on each car. At this point in the process it is only a matter of assembling each card.

Just one more tip:  you could also choose to just save the circles and stamp them with whatever theme you may need for a card in the future!  This is a great way to maintain maximum versatility  - the card can become whatever theme you need it to become - birthday, thank you, get well, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment