Wednesday, September 4, 2013

September SOTM - Poster Tidings

During the month of September, you can purchase Poster Tidings, the September SOTM, for only $5 with any $50 purchase.  This stamp offers two word collages that will work well on either cards or scrapbook pages.  Using a masking technique, the sentiments can be used alone to give added versatility to this wonderful stamp set (see my two projects at the end of this post.) 


Two stamped images are included in Poster Tidings, the September SOTM




Sample of Artwork that can be created with Poster Tidings
I have included the CTMH corporate video in which Karlie gives you several additional creative ideas for getting the most out of this stamp set. In the final segment of the video, she demonstrates how she deconstructed the image and then used segments of it along with other embellishments, like washi tape and patterned paper, to produce a totally unique look for a card.



I also want to show you a couple of projects that I made using this stamp set.  The first one is a card and I used the entire fall-themed stamp, but I masked off the word blessed for the front of my card.  Then when I stamped the sentiment inside, I masked off all but the work blessed.  Simple, but it gave me a bit of variety.  I stamped using chocolate ink on a scrap of B&T duo paper from the Chantilly Paper Pack.



Fall themed card
Inside of Fall themed card


I also created this pillow box from Cranberry cardstock using the CTMH Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge, page 28 in the handbook. The rosette was also cut from Cranberry cardstock using the CTMH Artiste Cricut Cartridge, page 50 in the handbook. I embellished with some grograin ribbon and stamped with Cranberry ink using the Christmas themed poster tidings stamp.  I then cut the portion that I wanted to include on this project and used glue dots to secure everything because I wanted a strong bond.  This pillow box is the perfect size to hold a few sweet treats and a note, however, I should have cut it about a quarter inch larger for it to hold a a standard gift card, which was my original intention :-)  No worries though, it is still a perfect size to hold the Starbuck's key ring gift cards, which are the ones I give to my daughters each year, anyway!
Pillow Box




No comments:

Post a Comment